Best Laid Plans
Best Laid Plans (Level 3)
Help the legions around the Black Citadel recover from the ghost attack.
- Talk to Scout Fursta Farhunter.
- Denizens of Ashford helped : x/1
- Check your mail.
Report to Tribune Goreblade for new orders.
- Report to Tribune Goreblade in Hero's Canton.
- Get the Ghostbore Musket plans from your barracks.
- (defeat the Flame Legion soldiers)
- Collect the plans for your weapon from their hiding place.
- Confer with the surviving member of your warband.
- Различное количество
- Crude Salvage Kit
- Зависит от профессии
- Один из трех fine предметов: Chainmail Gauntlets, Ringmail Gauntlets, Scale Gauntlets
- Один из трех fine предметов: Rawhide Bracers, Studded Leather Bracers, Marksman's Bracers
- Один из трех fine предметов: Cloth Gloves, Linen Gloves, Velvet Gloves
Scout Fursta Farhunter is your first objective and will introduce you to the heart system. Speak to her and then proceed to assist allied charr in the area to fill a heart. Once a heart has been filled, check the mail interface for your new message and then go back to the Hero's Canton—your home instance—in the Black Citadel. From here on, events relating to your personal story are typically instanced, so only you, your party, and possibly NPCs will be able to assist in your task.
Upon arriving at the barracks, you'll find pairs of Flame Legion soldiers inside looking for your plans. You have your warband survivor with you, so as long as you only aggro one pair at a time, the fights should be relatively simple. Environmental weapons are strewn across the barracks which may or may not help depending on your class and skills.
After the Flame Legion are defeated, find the planter along the wall containing your Ghostbore plans. After retrieving the plans, talk to your warband survivor to complete the event.
At Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: (Cinematic)
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: At ease, soldier. Your warband paid a heavy toll fending off the recent ghost incursion. Their names will be remembered with honor.
- <Player Name>: Thank you, Tribune. I plan to remember them by blasting apart every last ghost left out there.
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: Imperator Smodur and I share your sentiment. The Iron Legion must find a way to end this ghost problem - for good. But to do that, we're going to need better weapons.
- <Player Name>: I might have just the thing, sir. I've been designing a firearm specifically to eradicate ghosts. I call it my Ghostbore musket.
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: Ah, yes, I remember reading that proposal. Between that and your performance against Barradin, I'm promoting you to acting legionnaire. Do well, and it'll be permanent.
- <Player Name>: Thank you, sir, but my warband's been decimated. There's only one other soldier left.
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: You can solve that problem the Iron Legion way. Build a new warband, and bring me a working prototype of that weapon. Clear?
- <Player Name>: Clear, sir. I'll build a warband and a weapon the Iron Legion can be proud to call their own.
As you approach your barracks:
- Flame Legion Lookout: Did you hear something?
- Flame Legion Lookout: Yeah, I think someone is coming. Tell them to hurry up and find those plans!
In your barracks: (Cinematic)
- Flame Legion Lookout: You there! We know about the Ghostbore musket plans. Hand them over and I'll just leave a scar.
- <Player Name>: Come and get them, zealot. I'll pull off your horns and nail your tail to the floor with 'em.
- Flame Legion Lookout: (To male player) Oh, I'm going to enjoy roasting you alive.
- Flame Legion Lookout: (To female player) Okay boys. Time to teach this girl some manners!
Investigating the plant holder containing the plans:
- Plant Holder: The plant holder is undisturbed. The Flame Legion did not discover your secret compartment.
- That's a relief! Open the compartment.
- Plant Holder: The designs for your Ghostbore musket are right where you left them.
- Take the plans.
Conferring with your warband survivor:
- <Warband Survivor>: Flame Legion? By my tail, what were they doing here? Good thing we took care of them, but how did they get in?
- I don't know, but we'll find out. Hey, can I ask you a question?
- <Warband Survivor>: It's okay. I can handle it. Go ahead and ask.
- Dinky, Euryale, Clawspur and Maverick. What happened to us out there?
- What about Howl? He was our warband's lieutenant. Did he die too?
- Tell me about the Iron Legion, and Tribune Goreblade?
- Let's get down to business. I'll meet you at the scrapyard.
- We still have a prototype to build. Let's get those parts from the wrecking yard.