Caudecus must be here somewhere! I suspect he's the culprit behind the Bloodstone explosion. I need to warn Canach and bring the minister to justice.
- Travel to the White Mantle colosseum.
- Check in with Canach.
- Overcome the ambush.
- Look for Caudecus.
- Defeat Justiciar Adrienne.
- Regroup with your allies.
- Continue the hunt for Caudecus.
- Confront Caudecus.
- Defeat the Jade Construct.
- Talk to Canach.
- Unbound Magic (x50)
- Empyreal Fragment (x5)
- Gilded Strongbox (x3)
- Pamphlet of Wisdom (x2)
- Blood Ruby (x3)
- Justiciar Adrienne
- White Mantle Cleric
- White Mantle Elementalist
- White Mantle Knight
- White Mantle Mesmer
- White Mantle Necromancer
At the beginning of the instance
- <Character name>: Canach, glad to see you're alive. I was afraid you'd been caught in the blast.
- Canach: We almost were, but then... not.
- <Character name>: Me too. Your troops?
- Canach: Some of them are still looking for you, and the rest are forming a perimeter around this place.
- Canach: I wanted to deal with the minister privately; I really only need you there to corroborate events, should they go south.
- Canach: Plus, I ran into these two delinquents and figured Dragon's Watch would certainly handle it.
- <Character name>: Marjory, Rytlock. Showed up just in time to help us track down Caudecus.
- Marjory Delaqua: It was all anyone could talk about in Divinity's Reach. Canach, you're here under the orders of—?
- Canach: Countess Anise is very concerned about Caudecus's well-being.
- Canach: I'm to return him home unless the innocent-until-proven-guilty minister does something to change those plans.
- Marjory Delaqua: She must be very hopeful your plans change.
- Canach: I was instructed to be tight lipped about it. But I will say this: Yes.
- <Character name>: Before we find him; Caudecus may have been the someone who consumed the Bloodstone magic.
- <Character name>: If that's true, he may be a little stronger than we all remember.
- Marjory Delaqua: If he did, we can't just let him loose on Kryta...or maybe all of Tyria is his prize this time.
- Canach: I only want to be off Anise's leash. Saving the world would just be a corollary benefit.
- White Mantle Elementalist: For Kryta!
- Rytlock Brimstone: We have company.
- White Mantle Cleric: No one crosses the White Mantle!
- White Mantle Elementalist: I'll surely succeed where others failed!
Proceeding up towards the Colosseum
- <Character name>: These White Mantle guards aren't affected by the Bloodstone like the others I've fought.
- <Character name>: They must have arrived after the explosion.
- Canach: Then they came with Caudecus. We're close.
- Canach: Watch your step. Whatever this place was, it was meant to keep the unwary at bay.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ow! That one snuck up on me.
- Canach: (grunt)... Too close to this bloodstone... strength has left my limbs...
- Marjory Delaqua: Any countermagic measures up your sleeve, Commander?
- Canach: Nice work, Commander. Now if I could persuade you to take care of the others...
- Marjory Delaqua: Interesting. Countering the magic of these bloodstones returns whatever magical properties it absorbed.
- Marjory Delaqua: I know a certain big-eared asura who'd love to be here to study this...
- Taimi: I heard that!
- Canach: Perfect. Shields.
- Rytlock Brimstone: How do we bring them down?
- Marjory Delaqua: These bloodstones can draw off the magic if we can catch the shield in the flux.
- Marjory Delaqua: The unstable bloodstone chunks drain whatever energy gets nearby.
- Canach: If the commander is right about Caudecus absorbing bloodstone magic, that may prove handy.
- Muffled Voice: Work faster! These bloodstones won't collect themselves!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sounds like we might have something ahead.
- Canach: Let me take the lead, Rytlock.
- Canach: I was given specific orders on how this was supposed to be executed, and I don't need you to defile it with your inclination to blindly smite.
- Rytlock Brimstone: If that;s a blindfold crack...
- Canach: Care to take the door, Commander?
- Canach: Minister Caudecus, you've obviously... Oh. He's not here. Rytlock, smite away!
- Rytlock Brimstone: My pleasure!
- Justiciar Adrienne: You'll never take him!
- Justiciar Adrienne: Do you actually think we'd let you take him from us?
- Canach: He's not yours to keep, fanatic.
- Justiciar Adrienne: These fools must be taught their place!
- Justiciar Adrienne: Magic from bloodstones empowers me! What do you have? Nothing!
While fighting Adrienne
- Justiciar Adrienne: The power... I should have done this sooner! (When using her shield)
- Justiciar Adrienne: Kill the fool before my shield is drained again! (When using her shield)
- Justiciar Adrienne: I feel magic being drained from my shield. The bloodstones are... hungry. (When breaking her shield)
- Justiciar Adrienne: That's a clever trick. (When breaking her shield)
- Justiciar Adrienne: I won't be stopped here.
- Justiciar Adrienne: Just a little more... more... MORE POWER!
After killing Adrienne
- Marjory Delaqua: Why do you think Caudecus wanted them to collect bloodstones?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hopefully to weigh his pockets down while he jumped in a lake.
- Canach: He can't be far now. Move along, everyone!
- Rytlock Brimstone: The loose magic here has certainly turned this area into a war zone.
- Marjory Delaqua: So, Commander, you really think Caudecus caused the blast to reverse itself?
- <Character name>: Possibly.
- <Character name>: Caithe and I found ground zero and determined something or soaked up the lion's share of magic.
- Canach: His escape does seem conveniently timed to be in the right place at the right time.
- Marjory Delaqua: Caithe? What was she doing here?
- <Character name>: Investigating the blast. She asked I forgive her for stealing the egg and... everything.
- Marjory Delaqua: Hmmm... I don't know if I'd be able to. I don't think people can change that much.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ever the cynic.
- Marjory Delaqua: See? Point proven. I'll never change, either. Ask Kasmeer.
- Canach: It would be hard for me to blame Caithe for her actions while Mordremoth was alive...
- Canach: But let's save the philosophical arguments until after the minister is dealt with.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Then let's lay the man to rest!
- Canach: I think you mean return him to safety.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (chuff) I'll never understand human politics.
- Minister Caudecus: Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? YOU follow MY orders!
- Minister Caudecus: I don't know where these delusions are coming from... There is one White Mantle, do you hear me? ONE!
- Muffled Voice: Minister, I understand but—
- Minister Caudecus: But! But! Quiet! Now tell me again what this pile of rocks can do.
- Minister Caudecus: Are there magic words? How powerful is it? Well...?
- Canach: That's him, all right
- Marjory Delaqua: Reminds me of a boss I had at the cotton-candy stands when I was younger. (shudder)
- Canach: Everyone ready to crash this party? Time for your foot key, Commander.
- Canach: Minister Caudecus! You've obviously been taken prisoner by the White Mantle zealots.
- Canach: I'm here to rescue you and return you to the Royal Palace.
- Confessor Caudecus: Let's drop the charade, shall we, you ignorant leaf! I will not be returning to Divinity's Reach until I wear the crown!
- Canach: So I'm clear, you're admitting you're associated with the White Mantle?
- Confessor Caudecus: Are you quite touched? I'm their supreme leader! And they will carry me all the way to the throne of Kryta!!
- Canach: Commander, did you witness that?
- <Character name>: I did.
- Canach: Then by the providence granted to me by Countess Anise, I hereby pass sentence on you, Caudecus Beetlestone.
- Canach: Today is your last day on Tyria. Allow my blade to bid you farewell.
- Confessor Caudecus: Get them! Turn this thing on!
- Confessor Caudecus: What do you think of my latest find, Commander? It was a bit of a fixer-upper, but nothing a few bloodstones couldn't mend.
While fighting the Jade Construct
- Canach: I believe it's safe to assume Caudecus didn't absorb the bloodstone's magic; otherwise he'd be down here himself. (At 75% health)
- Confessor Caudecus: I wanted to see this thing trample Kryta! Get in there and save it! (At 50% health)
- Confessor Caudecus: You will not stop me! The Krytan throne was built upon White Mantle blood, and we are its rightful heirs. (At 25% health)
Cinematic upon defeating the Jade Construct
- Lazarus: You are a heretic, Caudecus! And you shall lead no White Mantle, for I am their GOD!
- Confessor Caudecus: What? It--it can't be...!
- Lazarus: I am the last mursaat. Many years ago, you knew me as Lazarus the Dire. I have returned from the brink of existence!
- Confessor Caudecus: No! You are a false god! The White Mantle is mine! Don't listen to him!
- Lazarus: Empty words formed by the forked tongue of a snake.
- Lazarus: The human seat of power and its current monarch are inconsequential. We are destined to face more virtuous pursuits.
- Lazarus: My true believers, you're welcome to seek shelter in my light. To those who doubt... you're welcome to burn.
- Marjory Delaqua: Canach! Go now!
Cinematic as Canach chases Caudecus
- Confessor Caudecus: Don't stand there with your mouth agape! Get me out of here!
- Canach: No!
- Canach: Bah! Mesmers! Sorry, Marjory, no offense to Kas.
- Marjory Delaqua: Helpful if they're on your side, annoying if they're not. I understand.
- Canach: He's gone.
- <Character name>: I'm sorry, Canach. I can help to catch him...
- Marjory Delaqua: Doesn't look like there's any sign of Lazarus either.
- Marjory Delaqua: A mursaat alive... We should immediately warn the queen, but he appeared to be disinterested in Kryta.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Surprisingly different from the last time the mursaat were sticking their creepy big feet where they didn't belong.
- <Character name>: Marjory, weren't you just saying something about people not being able to change?
- Marjory Delaqua: A "virtuous pursuit" could mean a lot of things to a mursaat. But I'll admit, I'm curious.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, they might think it's noble to make a necklace out of your teeth.
- <Character name>: With Caudecus not displaying any signs of excess power, I think we have to assume Lazarus was the one behind the blast.
- <Character name>: We need to find him; get an idea of what he's planning to do with all that magic.
- Canach: Caudecus will want to hunt him down too.
- Canach: He won't readily surrender control of the White Mantle. One will inevitably lead us to the other.
- <Character name>: Then this'll be a good way to start the new guild; a crisis, but hopefully not a world-ending crisis.
- Canach: It's how I prefer my crises.
- Taimi: Commander, can you read me? I have some news!
- <Character name>: I'm here, Taimi. What do you have?
- Taimi: Something possibly... slightly... marginally... cataclysmic.
- Taimi: I managed to finally get detailed ley readings from the map and determined... well..
- Marjory Delaqua: What is it?
- Taimi: Primordus is active.
Talking to your allies
- Canach: I understand your priority will be the dragon. Mine, however, is unfortunately spoken for.
- Marjory Delaqua: A dragon and a mursaat. Can't help but feel like we're surrounded.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Looks like it's time to test the new guild's mettle. Into the fire we go.
- This episode was released with the July 26th, 2016 update.