Eyes on Lake Doric
Материал из Guild Wars 2 wiki
Eyes on Lake Doric
- Speak with Lieutenant Fores and gain entry to Lake Doric.
- Enter Lake Doric.
- Meet with Seraph forces in Doric's Landing
- Speak with Logan Thackeray in his command tent at Doric's Landing.
- Look at the map on the war table.
- Speak with Exemplar Caulden.
- Gather intelligence on various locations in Lake Doric.
- Scout the Harvest Cascades for refugees.
- Verify the state of Saidra's Haven.
- Check in at New Loamhurst.
- Search the Lakeside Bazaar for allies.
- Investigate the racket in the Bazaar.
- Return to Doric's Landing with you report.
- Speak with Logan Thackeray.
- Under Siege
- Cin Fursarai
- Exemplar Caulden
- Lieutenant Fores
- Logan Thackeray
- Nylia Steelpaw
- Veteran Seraph Captain
- Speaking to Lieutenant Fores
- Lieutenant Fores: Access to Lake Doric is currently restricted. Please come back later.
I have orders from Captain Thackeray to meet him in Doric's Landing.
- Lieutenant Fores: Oh, Commander! My apologies - I have to say that to everyone. Please, go right ahead. And good luck.
- Not a problem. Let's go.
- Perhaps later.
- Yes, sir. Carry on.
- Speaking to the Veteran Seraph Captain
- Lieutenant Fores: Commander! Glad you're here. Captain Thackeray is down south of here in the command tent.
What happened here?
- Lieutenant Fores: When the White Mantle launched a surprise attack on Divinity's Reach, the Lake Doric locks were destroyed in the initial bombardment. It drained the lake and took a couple ships with it.
Were there any survivors?
- Lieutenant Fores: We've received reports of many survivors in the area, fortunately. But if we don't put a stop to this, the White Mantle will hunt them all down.
- Then we have work to do. Thank you.
- That's unfortunate
- Speaking to Logan Thackeray
- Logan Thackeray: Welcome to Lake Doric, Commander... What's left of it.
- Logan Thackeray: The locks alone will take years to rebuild...but that worry can wait.
- Logan Thackeray: Right now, our focus is repelling the siege and saving as many lives as we can.
- Nylia Steelpaw: And once that's through, we crush Caudecus into a fine paste.
- <Character Name>: I don't believe we've been introduced.
- Logan Thackeray: Turns out the charr hate Caudecus just as much as we do.
- Logan Thackeray: This is Legionnaire Nylia Steelpaw. She's volunteered her troops to help us.
- Nylia Steelpaw: The White Mantle can't be allowed to ruin everything our races have built together. This is our fight too.
- Logan Thackeray: Back to the matter at hand: these are a few key areas around Lake Doric we need eyes on.
- Logan Thackeray: Spies have infiltrated our ranks. But I trust you beyond any doubt— so the task is yours.
- <Character Name>: You can count on me.
- Logan Thackeray: Word from the Seraph suggests incursions throughout Lake Doric, but for the moment our intelligence is...spotty, at best.
- Logan Thackeray: Come take a look at the map, and I'll tell you what we know.
- Looking at the map on the war table
- Logan Thackeray: We've received reports of survivors in the forest up north, Saidra's Haven to the east, and New Loamhurst to the southeast.
- Logan Thackeray: We have troops at the Lakeside Bazaar looking after our supply lines, but I'd like you to check in on the lines as well.
- Logan Thackeray: We can't allow any further devastation of this region. If you see anything else of interest, please include it in your report.
- Logan Thackeray: Before you begin your reconnaissance, there's a Shining Blade agent south of here who wants a word with you.
- Logan Thackeray: His name's Caulden. He says he has something that'll help us win this war.
- Speaking to Exemplar Caulden
- Exemplar Caulden: Ah, Commander. Captain Thackeray said he'd be sending you my way. I'm Exemplar Caulden.
- Exemplar Caulden: As you're aware, the Shining Blade has been fighting the mursaat for a long, long time. Studying them, too.
- Exemplar Caulden: And we've recently made a breakthrough that might help us turn the tables on the White Mantle.
- <Character Name>: We can use all the help we can get. Go on.
- Exemplar Caulden: Being that this isn't your first run-in with jade constructs, I'm sure you're familiar with Spectral Agony.
- <Character Name>: Yes, I've had the "pleasure" of having my insides torn apart by that particular magic.
- Exemplar Caulden: The mursaat's ability to phase between our world and the Mists allows them to tap into magics unobtainable in the mortal realm.
- Exemplar Caulden: Spectral Agony is the pinnacle of this ability. And we think we've found a way to harness a form of it for our own use.
- <Character Name>: You've reproduced the powers of the mursaat?
- Exemplar Caulden: Yes! Well...in a sense. With some limitations.
- Exemplar Caulden: You see, unlike a mursaat or their construct, you can't phase between our world and the Mists at will.
- Exemplar Caulden: But while close to death, you've already got one foot in the Mists... "At death's door," as they say.
- Exemplar Caulden: Using remnants of jade constructs, I've fashioned a sigil that allows you to cast Spectral Agony when you're near death.
- <Character Name>: I try to make it a habit to avoid those "almost dead" moments, but this does sound intriguing.
- Exemplar Caulden: But I'll warn you: the longer you tap into this power, the more it will pull you into the next world. Use it wisely.
- Exemplar Caulden: Once you've had a chance to familiarize yourself with the sigil, come see me if you'd like an advanced demonstration.
- Checking the Harvest Cascades
- <Character Name>: A hosue? All the way out here? At least it's well fortified...
- Checking in at Saidra's Haven
- <Character Name>: Saidra's Haven seems to be holding itself together. We'll have to make sure this stays out of White Mantle control.
- Checking in at New Loamhurst
- <Character Name>: Such a small fishing village. I hope the families are able to recover from this.
- Checking in at Lakeside Bazaar
- Cin Fursarai: Wait, where are you going with—you can't just—arggh! Damn it!
- Speaking to Cin Fursarai
- Cin Fursarai: Ah, it's the commander. Come to complicate my day even further, have you?
- <Character Name>: Logan asked me to check in on the Seraph's operations here. What's going on? I heard a commotion earlier.
- Cin Fursarai: Oh, that? That was nothing. Just a little...raw, seething frustration I needed to let loose. I'll be fine.
- Cin Fursarai: I've been tapped as the civilian envoy for the Seraph's supply line operations here. Keeping pace with them is...challenging.
- Cin Fursarai: But someone's gotta bill the crown for all these resources once the war's over. Every last item will be accounted for.
- <Character Name>: Very patriotic of you. Looks like things are running smoothly around here, though.
- Cin Fursarai: The Seraph is a well-oiled machine when push comes to shove. They didn't waste a moment once the attack was sprung.
- Cin Fursarai: The Bazaar's probably the most secure location in Lake Doric. I doubt the White Mantle will have much luck seizing it.
- Cin Fursarai: That's not to say there isn't lots of work to be done if you want to chip in. As you may have noticed, I only have two hands.
- <Character Name>: Maybe later. I'm on orders from Thackeray to recon the rest of Lake Doric before we plan our next move.
- Cin Fursarai: Very well. Tell the captain that his supply lines are well looked after. And watch your back out there, Commander.
- Going near the Watchtower Cliffs (optional)
- <Character Name>: A centaur camp—and they're gearing up for something big. I wonder if Logan knows about this.
- Speaking to Taimi
- Taimi: Commander! Are you reading me?
- <Character Name>: Go ahead, Taimi.
- Taimi: Get ready for the dragon battle to end all dragon battles! A steamy wing-fist to icy face-jaw fight to the death!
- Taimi: It's Jormag versus Primorduuuuuuuus!
- <Character Name>: Uh... Am I to infer ...?
- Taimi: The experiment was a success! And I'm having the heart of Omadd's machine delivered to Rata Novus.
- Taimi: With it, I should be able to see the Eternal Alchemy and manipulate the dragons' energies to pit 'em against one another.
- Taimi: Spencer's research is continuing to pay dividends!
- <Character Name>: I haven't had the best track record guiding members of this guild, so I'll say this as a word of caution: Scarlet.
- Taimi: Okay, A: I'm not a dragon minion—no offense.
- Taimi: And B: The lives we'll save are worth the risk, and I think you might agree with that.
- <Character Name>: I do, just...be careful.
- Taimi: What could go— You know what, it feels like I shouldn't say that. I bet a ton of stuff can go wrong. Bye!
- Speaking to Logan Thackeray
- Logan Thackeray: You're back, and in one piece. I assume you have a report for us?
- <Character Name>: Indeed. The Seraph have the Bazaar well secured, but the Mantle's making gains elsewhere in the region.
- <Character Name>: Saidra's Haven is definitely a target. We should send some support that way.
- Logan Thackeray: I'll try to get a detachment out that way as soon as possible. What else?
- <Character Name>: The White Mantle have taken an interest in New Loamhurst, as well as a...heavily fortified house in the forest north of here.
- Logan Thackeray: Hm... If it's of interest to the enemy, it's of interest to us.
- Logan Thackeray: I appreciate your efforts, Commander. Thanks to you we're a little less blind in this battle.
- Logan Thackeray: While you were scouting, we heard that the White Mantle have taken Fort Evennia, bolstering their eastern flank's defenses.
- Logan Thackeray: Worse yet, there's some sort of magical storm forming over the fort. We can't risk a frontal assault.
- Logan Thackeray: There's supposed to be a Shining Blade agent stationed in that area—one well-versed in the art of sabotage.
- Logan Thackeray: I think the two of you could do a lot of damage together.
- Logan Thackeray: Go track down the agent. See if you can do something about the White Mantle who occupy that fort.