Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns/Frequently Asked Questions
|Heart of Thorns frequently asked questions|
- What if my question is not answered in this FAQ?
- See the Official FAQ
- See the core game FAQ.
- Ask on the official forums or on the Guild Wars 2 subreddit, and the respective communities should be able to help.
- What if I want suggestions from more experienced players?
Join a guild and ask in guild chat.
- Who are the people behind Heart of Thorns?
- What are the official channels through which ArenaNet communicates about Heart of Thorns?
ArenaNet has an official website for the game, as well as a presence on many social media sites.
- http://www.guildwars2.com - The official website
- http://twitter.com/guildwars2 - The official Twitter
- http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2 - The official Facebook
- http://guildwars2.tumblr.com - The official Tumblr
- Is there a subscription fee?
No, there has never been a monthly subscription fee. Once you purchase the box or a game key, you are free to play as much as you want.
- Is a free trial for Heart of Thorns available?
- Is there an official game guide for Heart of Thorns?
- When is the official launch date?
Unknown. Check back at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com for the latest updates.
- Was there a Pre-launch?
Yes. A pre-launch release was put on sale June 16, 2015. It includes: the Guild Wars 2 core game plus access to all Beta Weekend Events and an exclusive title: "Maguuma Trailblazer"
Beta Weekend Events[править]
- What are Beta Weekend Events?
Beta Weekend Events are selected weekends when everyone who pre-purchases the game is invited to test Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. BWEs may include new content or a repeat of content available in previous tests.
- When will they take place?
The Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Events will be announced as we get closer to them.
- Is there a way to participate in Beta Weekend Events without pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns?
Unknown, but the only way to guarantee access to the Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase Heart of Thorns.
- If I purchase a Heart of Thorns code-key, can I link it to my existing account (like Hall of Monuments)?
Yes, instructions are here.
- Are you required to create a new account to access to all Beta Weekend Events?
No, but you must purchase the game following these instructions.
- Will there be an upgrade required for current users who want to access Heart of Thorns features like Guild Halls or Elite Specializations without paying full price for a release that includes the core game they previously purchased?
- Briefly, what's new?
- New game mode, Stronghold
- Guild teams that may compete together
- What will not change?
- The level cap remains 80.
- All in-game currency (except certain Guild currencies).
- Ascended equipment and Legendary weapons remain the most powerful.
- Where can I buy merchandise with the Heart of Thorns logo?
There is currently no Heart of Thorns merchandise in the official Anet store. However, Anet has licensed the logo for use on third party T-shirts.
- HoT Tshirt Black 1500.jpg
- HoT Tshirt White 569.jpg
Minimum system requirements[править]
Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.
- If I am a current user, will I need to upgrade my hardware?
Probably not. However, an additional 10GB of hard disk space is required and Windows XP users should upgrade to service pack 3 or better.
- What are the Windows Minimum System Requirements?
- Windows® XP Service Pack 3 or better
- Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
- 2 GB RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 35 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse
- What are the Mac Beta Minimum System Requirements?
- Mac OS®X 10.8.X or later
- Intel® Core™ i5 or better
- 4GB Ram or better
- NVidia® GeForce® 320M, ATI Radeon™ HD 6630M, Intel HD 3000 or better
- 35GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Keyboard and Mouse/Equivalent
- What if I'm running on on an earlier Mac?
The Mac beta version of Guild Wars 2 runs well on the below machines or better. Your results may vary if you’ve upgraded or changed your Mac hardware or are running on lower hardware specifications.
- iMac 21.5", 27" (Mid-2010)
- iMac 21.5", 27" (Mid-2011)
- MacBook Pro 15", 17" (Mid-2010)
- MacBook Pro 13", 15", 17" (Early and Late-2011)
- MacBook Pro 13", 15", 17" (Mid-2012)
- Mac Mini (Mid-2011)
The Wiki documents numerous anomalies and bugs with related articles. If you have a problem or issue, it's best to first determine if there is a configuration issue or if other players have already found a solution to a similar problem. Otherwise, you may create a Support ticket or use the in-game Support panel.