The Last Chance
The Last Chance
- 1325 AE
- Living World Season 3
- One Path Ends
- Siren's Landing
(Ruins of Orr)
- The Flow of Magic
- Pile of Bloodstone Dust (5)
- Gilded Strongbox (3)
- Unbound Magic (50)
- Pamphlet of Wisdom (2)
- Bag of Loot (5)
- Orrian Pearl (5)
When you enter the Reliquary, your character will promise not to touch anything. Interacting or "Looking" at the nearby rubble will activate security golems called Guardian of Secrets. They have a lot of health, but breaking their CC bars will allow you to do more damage to them. Exemplar Kerida will arrive and open the gate for you.
- Firefloor Room
The next room is a wide open area with 4 orbs and 4 pedestals. The orbs are on the other side of the puzzle. Move the orbs to the pedestals while avoiding the fire on the ground. You will move slower and have decreased endurance regeneration while you are on the heated floor. Activating all 4 pedestals will open the next door and swap the fire pattern to a cleared central pathway.
- Gateway Room
Examine the next gate and the mechanisms to either side. (Marked with a green star). You will have to disable similar mechanisms in the side rooms. The right (northern) side room contains a Herald of Flame and heated floors similar to the previous room. The elemental can hit hard, and in combination with the fire floor limiting your movement, not bringing a cc skill can make this fight much more difficult.
Once it is dead, head to the left (southern) room. This room will spawn a Guardian Abomination, similar to the Guardians you faced in the Entryhall, but much larger. CC him whenever possible. He focuses mostly on frontal attacks and slams. He also summons lines of earth that will have square indicators as the fire room had.
- The Eye Room
Here you will find you've caught up with the Eye of Janthir. It will be invulnerable to damage and summon two Guardians of Secrets. These Guardians are under the Dangerous Secrets and will be invulnerable to damage until this is dispelled. It may be dispelled by breaking the Eye's break bar while it is standing near one. Once both Guardians are dead, the Eye will open the next door. Follow him into the Final Room.
- Final Room
Here you will place Lazarus's aspects on pedestals, summoning the real Lazarus. You learn that apparently "Kerida" (Livia) has a long history of trying to kill Lazarus. Lazarus will shield himself using his 5 Aspects of Lazarus. The Eye of Janthir will be floating around nearby. Using CC abilities on the Eye will cause a small explosion ("True Sight"), removing the invulnerability from Aspects caught in the explosion. The Aspects will become more humanoid and damageable. Periodically, Lazarus will attempt to unleash a large attack, forcing you to use your special action key to avoid it. [требуется подтверждение] Once 3 Aspects have been summoned, the Eye will retreat. Lazarus will shield the remaining 2 Aspects. Livia has a plan to take down each shield, but will need to be guarded from Sparks as she does so. Lazarus will summon lightning bolts (Small, red-orange AoEs) and throw out necromatic projectiles (Red circle AoEs). Once both aspects have been defeated, Lazarus will begin moving. He will launch around 7 lines of constant AoEs. These interrupt and deal damage. Avoid them by dodging to the other side of him or by backing up so that the lines can't hit you as easily. He will also summon lightning and teleport around periodically. Melee when you can. If you have strong CC skills, then use them when he launches his necro lines. This will give you breathing space and a nice damage buff.
When he is about to be defeated, he will attempt to force choke Livia. Grab the sword nearby, walk near him and press 1 while targeting him. He will continue casting lightning attacks while choking Livia, so it's best not to wait it out. Talk to the Eye for a look at what is to come.
Achievement eligibility may be tracked via the A Quick Death (effect) effect. Hovering over the effect shows a timer.
Achievement eligibility may be tracked via the Dodger Danger (effect) effect. This buff is removed if your character is struck by lightning
In this room there are 4 orbs and 4 pedestals. The orbs are on the far side of the room. Most of the room is taken up by a firey grid with a rotating pattern. Once you have stepped onto the gridded fire floor, you will gain the Sweltering Heat effect. You lose this effect once you step off the platform. Your movement will be slower, and your dodge regeneration will be reduced significantly. You will still have access to your weapon and utility skills while solving the puzzle. You only lose your weapon skills when you pick up an orb. Blinks, Leaps, and Dashes with evade frames (such as Celestial Dash) may be used to speed up the back and forth process. Without using these, every puzzle may be solved by simply walking forward until you hit the edge of a safe square. When the pattern switches, move forwards quickly to the next square. Achievement eligibility may be tracked via the Lightfoot (effect) effect. This buff is removed if any member of your party touches the fire traps.
Before entering Abaddon's Reliquary:
- <Character name>: All the reliquaries are powered. The magic network is unblocked. I should be able to get into Abaddon's now.
On entering Abaddon's reliquary:
- Exemplar Kerida: Hello? How do I initiate contact? Commander? Can you hear me?
- <Character name>: I hear you. I'm at Abaddon's Reliquary. It's creepy.
- Exemplar Kerida: We're on our way. Don't start without me!
- <Character name>: Too late. I'm inside.
- <Character name>: Time has taken its toll on this place.
- Exemplar Kerida: Don't touch anything!
After awakening the Guardians of Secrets:
- <Character name>: Uh-oh!
- Exemplar Kerida: You touched something, didn't you.
- Exemplar Kerida: Casting the portal now! Where-
- <Character name>: Signing off!
- Exemplar Kerida: You cut me off! I didn't know if you were still in one piece. Good thing we arrived when we did.
- <Character name>: I had it under control. No need to worry.
- Exemplar Kerida: I don't worry. I plot. I plan, and I execute. Don't mess this up, my dear.
- Exemplar Kerida: You call that fighting? Don't make me laugh.
After the Guardians have been defeated:
- Exemplar Kerida: It's been warded. Recently. Fire magic, not mursaat magic. God magic.
- Exemplar Kerida: If the last aspect is here, then Balthazar came this way.
- Exemplar Kerida: Captain, stay here and guard the portal. If anyone else tries to use it, shut it down immediately. You understand?
- Shining Blade Captain: Yes, Exemplar.
- Exemplar Kerida: Let's see if I can get us through this door.
- Exemplar Kerida: We're in! Follow me, my dear. Woe to any who get in our way.
Entering the fire trap room:
- Exemplar Kerida: Ah. Fire. And no shortage of it. Any doubt of Balthazar's passage here is rapidly burning away. Pun intended.
- <Character name>: Can you shut it down?
- Exemplar Kerida: I can try, but it's god magic. Why don't you see if you can find a way across?
After placing the first power source:
- <Character name>: What do you have on Anise?
- Exemplar Kerida: I'm sure I have no idea what you mean.
- <Character name>: Hold that thought...
After placing the second power source:
- <Character name>: I meant... I've never seen Anise defer to anyone the way she does to you. I'm assuming it's blackmail.
- Exemplar Kerida: Nothing so sordid. We're old friends. That's all. Sorry to disappoint.
After placing the third power source:
- <Character name>: So... You and Anise grew up together? Met as recruits? What?
- Exemplar Kerida: If you must know, I've been with the Blade longer than Anise. She respects that, I suppose. There's nothing more to it.
After placing the last power source:
- Exemplar Kerida: Looks like you did it. You still have your eyebrows?
- <Character name>: Eh. Superfluous. Who needs them? Keep moving.
Approaching the locked door:
- Exemplar Kerida: Secrets nested in secrets. That is so like Abaddon.
- Exemplar Kerida: I can handle Balthazar's ward, but that's not all that's keeping this door locked. Look around.
Investigating the door:
- <Character name>: Giant orbs here. No idea what they do.
Investigating the wall panel:
- <Character name>: Hm, this looks ancient, like some kind of mechanism.
Investigating the ancient mechanism:
- <Character name>: The workings connect it to these side rooms.
- <Character name>: Maybe the key to opening that door is in these side rooms. I'll check them out.
- Exemplar Kerida: I'll work on the ward and make sure these dormant guardians don't cause any trouble. Kill two birds with one stone.
Entering the room with the Herald of Fire:
- <Character name>: Hey! The door! And...it shuts.
- Exemplar Kerida: Did you say something? I can't hear you through that door!
- Exemplar Kerida: Aw, god spittle! More guardians! Hey, don't worry about me! I can handle this. You get some rest!
Clearing the first room:
- Exemplar Kerida: An orb lit up!
- <Character name>: Good sign. Let's see what's in this other room.
- Exemplar Kerida: I'll stay here. This ward is sticky. Besides, last thing you need is a horde of guardians at your back.
- <Character name>: Okay... These actually came to life right? You weren't just hacking up dormant guardians for my benefit?
- Exemplar Kerida: I'm offended. But I guess you'll never know for sure, will you? Good hunting!
Entering the room with the Guardian Abomination:
- <Character name>: This looks like the rubble at the entrance, only... Bigger!
Clearing the second room:
- Exemplar Kerida: Whatever you did, it had an effect!
- Exemplar Kerida: That's both orbs lit! And the ward is down. Trying the door...
- Exemplar Kerida: And you thought all your hard work was for naught.
- <Character name>: I never thought that.
- Exemplar Kerida: Oh, never mind. I guess that was me.
On entering the penultimate room:
- Exemplar Kerida: The Eye of Janthir! There!
- <Character name>: Move!
- Exemplar Kerida: I don't think it likes us being here.
- <Character name>: Maybe I can slow it down without killing it.
- Exemplar Kerida: Just don't kill it. Whatever you do!
- <Character name>: That's what I just said. Do you ever listen to me?
- Exemplar Kerida: I'm sorry, did you say something?
After defeating the guardians:
- <Character name>: It's giving up on us. Moving on.
- Exemplar Kerida: Excellent. It didn't kill us. It must have seen the True Sight dormant in us. Now, it will lead us to the last aspect.
- Exemplar Kerida: We are Chosen, you and I. In its presence, we'll be able to see Lazarus when he re-forms.
- <Character name>: Otherwise, Lazarus would be invisible?
- Exemplar Kerida: That's what you take away from that? Yes, it's a mursaat thing like floating and immortality. Used to be impressive.
- <Character name>: We can't lose the eye! Where is it?
- Exemplar Kerida: Patience. It'll be nearby. Look... There's the last aspect.
- <Character name>: But no Balthazar. Damn. I was hoping.
- Exemplar Kerida: No, no Bal...thazar...
- <Character name>: Are you all right?
- Exemplar Kerida: Yes. It's just that I've been waiting for this a very long time.
- <Character name>: So, what's the plan?
- Exemplar Kerida: Let's spread the aspects out so we can watch them. Would you mind?
Placing the aspects on the pedestals:
- <Character name>: Do we have to do some kind of spell?
- Exemplar Kerida: Not according to legend. The fact that the aspects are all in proximity should trigger them to merge... any time now.
- <Character name>: What?
- Exemplar Kerida: Relax. I brought the true Shining Blade with me. It'll weaken his defenses so we can kill him.
- <Character name>: Oh, that eases my mind. You brought a big knife to a mursaat fight.
- Exemplar Kerida: It's a relic. Centuries of history and magic in this old thing. A heap of bloodcurdling White Mantle screams in it.
After all aspects are placed:
- <Character name>: Ever tried using your fancy sword on the aspects? Indestructible or not, maybe it will at least damage one.
- Exemplar Kerida: I've been waiting for the perfect moment, my dear.
- Exemplar Kerida: The time has come. You ready to fulfill a prophecy?
- <Character name>: As ready as I'll ever be. Wait— what?
- Exemplar Kerida: Never mind. Just be ready. This isn't going to be a walk in the park.
- <Character name>: What exactly are you saying?
- Exemplar Kerida: I'm saying that you and I are the only two who can end this tragic saga. Lazarus won't go down easily.
- Exemplar Kerida: No time to think about it now. It's happening!
- Exemplar Kerida: Come on, Lazarus, you putrid infection. Rise!
- Exemplar Kerida: At long last!
- Lazarus: AAAARRGGGGH! My dark slumber is at an... (groan) What is... (groan) More human treachery?
- Exemplar Kerida: Hello, my nemesis.
- Lazarus: Livia! Looking good...for a human of your age. I see you haven't changed a bit. Oh, that hair.
- <Character name>: Livia?
- Exemplar Kerida: I've been waiting for you.
- Lazarus: Pining for me? All this time?
- Exemplar Kerida: You better believe it.
- If asura:
- <Character name>: The Livia? Eureka!
- If human:
- <Character name>: The Livia?
- If norn:
- <Character name: He must have you confused for somebody else.
- <Character name>: He thinks he knows you. Does he know you?
- Livia: I'll explain later. (gasp) He's trying to split himself again! We can't let that happen.
- Livia: Destroy the aspects before they break free! We can't lose them now!
After 3 aspects have been killed and 2 are shielded:
- Livia: Those shields... I have an idea. Cover me!
- Lazarus: So ungrateful. I saved Kryta from the charr. Do you not remember?
- Livia: I remember everything. You didn't save us. You enslaved us.
- <Character name>: Kerida! Livia! Focus!
- Lazarus: Tell me, Livia. Do you have children? Grandchildren? Great-grandchildren?
- Livia: I do not.
- Lazarus: How disappointing. Your line dies with you. You've wasted lifetimes on me.
- Livia: Your dying is worth it.
- Lazarus: You've staged your last revolt.
When Lazarus' health reaches 0:
- Livia: I watched the titans tear your brethren apart—one by one! I will rejoice at your death rattle!
- Lazarus: Witch! You could not stay me then, and you will not stay me now!
- Lazarus: I made a promise to your ancestors! I will have my day!
- Lazarus: You...are not immortal.
- Livia: (choking)
- Lazarus: It was never going to end any other way.
- Livia: (choking)
- Lazarus: Accursed human!
- Livia: (choking)
- Lazarus: I have not forgotten the insults of the past! I will not forget this!
On using the Shining Blade:
- Lazarus: I am...mursaat... I am... Aargh!
- Livia: Finished. Soon to be forgotten.
- Livia: Look at my face. I, Livia, defender of Kryta... I witness your last and final death.
- Lazarus: Arrrrggghhhh!
- Livia: The mursaat are now extinct.
- Livia: (panting)
- <Character name>: You okay?
- Livia: I will be. It's a bit overwhelming.
- If asura:
- <Character name>: I know who you are, Livia. Human history was one of my best subjects.
- If human:
- <Character name>: I imagine it is. Livia.
- If norn:
- <Character name>: He knew you from before, didn't he. Livia.
- <Character name>: He's known you for a long time, hasn't he. Livia.
- Livia: (deep breath) You believe the ravings of a lunatic?
- <Character name>: I do, actually. It explains why Anise defers to you—like a grown child to a parent.
- Livia: The Shining Blade is my family. I hope this secret is safe with you—for their sake.
- <Character name>: I took an oath. My lips are sealed. But, I'm curious. Just how...
- Livia: Wouldn't you rather ask the Eye of Janthir about Balthazar?
- <Character name>: What? I can do that?
- Livia: Better hurry. I don't know what will happen to it now that its masters are gone.
- <Character name>: What should I do?
- Livia: Ask your question and touch it. I'll stand ready—just in case...you know.
- <Character name>: Well, here goes nothing.
- <Character name>: Where is Balthazar? Show me the god of war and fire.
- <Character name>: Nothing's... Ahhh!
After the cutscene:
- Livia: And it fades into nothingness. The last gasp of a murderous race. Praise the Six.
- <Character name>: The flames... Balthazar... OK. Looks like I'm going to the Crystal Desert.
Talking to Livia before leaving the instance:
- <Character name>: I have to go, but I can't deny I'm curious.
- Livia: How have I managed to keep my youthful figure all this time?
- <Character name>: Who are you, really? Where have you been? What have you been doing?
- Livia: Magic. And yes, I am Livia. I've extended my life using an artifact known as the Scepter of Orr.
- Livia: I've been with my Shining Blade, blending in, hiding in plain sight, when I wasn't searching for the aspects.
- Livia: Waiting to finish Lazarus once and for all—for my queen and for my kingdom.
- <Character name>: Well, you did it. We did it. It's over. So what are you going to do now?
- Livia: I promised Anise I'd slow down after this. I want to travel, grow a little older. But I'll never forget you.
- <Character name>: Nor I you. And I have to go. I have somewhere I need to be.
- Livia: I'm sorry. Are you still here? I thought you left ages ago. Go! Save the world, my dear! Save Tyria.
|Файл:The Last Chance.jpg|