The Uncategorized Fractal is one of the Fractals of the Mists. It is a recreation of a past asuran disaster; despite appearances, it is not Rata Sum but another location built by like-minded architects.
Meet Dessa and assist with her experiments.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Enter the ruins.
- Investigate the ruined site.
Jump up the platforms, killing harpies along the way. Be aware that being in combat causes you to move slower and not jump as far. If you are having trouble moving across the platforms, kill the mobs from one spot and continue after you have dropped combat.
Inside the first room, destroying the power node releases four enemies: The suggested order is killing the rabbit, the bandit, the shaman, and then the ettin.
More harpies, then move up the long staircase dodging the electric pulses. You can dodge through them without taking damage. Three consoles around the corner at the top allow you to turn the turrets off if all are activated at the same time, but they inflict immobilize for a long time on activation. One person can still activate all three consoles by simply cleansing the immobilize between each console.
Advancing onward, you will come to a room with a golem, Old Tom. The console directly across the room will activate a fan to evacuate the poisonous green gas (strong poison debuff); at higher difficulty levels, it is necessary to charge both the batteries (terminals to the left and right) using the Tears of Dwayna near the fan console.
After the golem you will approach more platforms with harpies. At this point some of the platforms are clear with a yellow grid. They can be hard to see so if it seems there isn't anything there try moving your camera around a bit.
At the final boss, he activates one of four golems in turn, then all at once. Focus on one golem at a time, don't bother with the boss as he remains invulnerable through the fight. When all the golems are dead, the fight ends. Note that the far right will put positive and negative charges on everyone. Stand next to people with similar charges when possible, people standing too near each other with opposing charges (eg one with a positive and one with a negative) will cause damage. Throughout the fight the raving asura will shoot slow-moving balls of lightning at players; at fractal level 10 and above, this attack applies agony. The best way to avoid them is to dodge toward them as they are homing in on you.
- Harpies begin using knockback at level 10. Reflect or Stability skills can help counter this, but so can standing with your back on the edge of the platform you are on. The harpies' attack targets the center of the player's body and does not trigger the knockback effect until it hits the ground behind the player. If there is no ground behind the player the effect will not happen.
- Reflect can be used on the Raving Asura boss to save your group from his agony attacks and reflect them back to him. This will not damage him though as he remains invulnerable through the fight.
- It is possible for a Mesmer coupled with a Thief to safely skip all the harpies and reach the top using their Stealth skills. The Mesmer can use a Portal Entre at the bottom, before he begins, and activate the Portal Exeunt when he reaches the top to bring along the rest of the party.
- Baron von Scrufflebutt
- Champion Ettin
- Champion Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Champion Rabbit
- Harpy Hunter
- Mr. Mittens
- Old Tom
- Professor Mew
- Raving Asura
- Veteran Bandit Saboteur
- Dessa: "You've landed... I... need to go. I'm sorry."
- Dessa: "I...I apologize for leaving you like that. Just...never mind. Keep progressing. You're getting closer to the local instability."
Upon reaching the Raving Asura:
- Raving Asura: "Breach! Broken! Falling! Screaming! Dying!"
- Raving Asura: "I couldn't save them. I heard them all. Pleading. All gone. All on my watch!"
Upon defeating the Raving Asura:
- Raving Asura: "(manic screaming)"
- Raving Asura: "All of us! Abandoned! You aren't real. You can't be here."
- Dessa: "There, stabilized. An expeditious departure would be optimal. Let me know when you're ready."
- After the group agrees to enter the next fractal, a short cutscene plays showing the fractal you just climbed through. Dessa seems to panic and run off as the fractal begins.
- The Champion Rabbit is a reference to Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog from Monty Python and the Holy Grail film, which brutally kills anyone in one hit.
- All golems in this fractal have cat ears and whiskers.
- Post by Scott McGough, Official Guild Wars 2 Forums