Материал из Guild Wars 2 wiki
Damage type is a game mechanic for weapons and attacks. Each weapon has a default damage type determined by its weapon skin, and this type can be overridden by attacks from weapon skills that use that weapon. Bundles also generally override equipped weapons. Damage types are currently purely cosmetic effects and have no impact on actual combat mechanics.
There are five damage types (not to be confused with the three damage types listed at Damage):
- Physical: Most weapons have a base damage type of Physical. This includes weapon skins that appear to incorporate elemental types but do not list a damage type, like Mjölnir, Cobalt, or Jormag's Breath.
- Fire: Creatures that die to a fire attack will collapse in a flaming heap. This damage type is unrelated to Burning. Fire is the default type for the Fiery Dragon Sword, Rodgort, The Predator, and Incinerator.
- Ice: Creatures that die to an ice attack with go stiff before collapsing. Ice is the default type for Frostfang.
- Lightning: Creatures that die to a Lightning attack will stiffen and tremble before collapsing. Lightning is the default type for Bolt and Meteorlogicus.
- Choking: Creatures that die to a Choking attack will go through a choking animation (usually clutching at their throats). No weapon has this as a default type, but it is prevalent in Necromancer skills.
- In Guild Wars, damage types affect game play, increasing or decreasing damage dealt to targets depending on the armor rating to the damage type.