On the Mend
You live near Andrew's tavern. He and his daughter Petra have always been there for you. They even visited while you were recovering, even though they have problems of their own, including a recent increase in street crime.
— In-game description
On The Mend (level 3)
Explore the countryside.
Visit your friend Petra in Divinity's Reach.
- Go to the Merchant's Coin tavern.
- Talk to Petra
- Pursue Big Nose Ted and his gang upstairs and defeat them.
- Check on Petra and Andrew.
- Различное количество
- Crude Salvage Kit
- Зависит от профессии
- Один из трех fine предметов: Chainmail Gauntlets, Ringmail Gauntlets, Scale Gauntlets
- Один из трех fine предметов: Rawhide Bracers, Studded Leather Bracers, Marksman's Bracers
- Один из трех fine предметов: Cloth Gloves, Linen Gloves, Velvet Gloves
Watchman Rebec is your first objective and will introduce you to the heart system. Speak to him and then proceed to assist allied humans in the area to fill a heart. Once a heart has been filled, check the mail interface for your new message and then go back to the Salma District—your home instance—in Divinity's Reach.
There, go to the inn by following the street to the north and east, and talk to your friend Petra to trigger a bar brawl. After defeating all the enemies, head back downstairs to trigger a dialogue and mission completion.
After defeating the elemental from Defending Shaemoor:
- <Player Name>: Where am I? What happened?
- Priestess of Dwayna: You were injured when the elemental exploded. Captain Thackeray brought you here personally. You've been unconscious for three days.
- Priestess of Dwayna: You had lots of visitors: villagers you rescued, some Seraph, and even a tavern keeper from the city and his daughter. She came by every day.
- <Player Name>: That'd be my friends, Andrew and Petra. I'll have to go see them once I'm fully recovered. What should I do now?
- Priestess of Dwayna: Fresh air and exercise are the best medicine. The goddess Dwayna helped you. Perhaps you could help others?
- <Player Name>: Thanks, I will. And thanks for taking such good care of me.
- Priestess of Dwayna: Not at all. Shaemoor is in your debt. May Dwayna protect you in your travels.
- Petra's Letter: As soon as you're up and around again, come visit me and my father at the inn. We've been very worried about you. Also, Dad is giving anyone who toasts to your speedy recovery a free drink, so we're going broke! Anyway, come see us soon and let us know that you're all right. —Petra
As you approach the inn:
- Twitchy Jake: Keep walking. If you ain't a friend of Big Nose Ted, you ain't welcome here.
Inside the inn:
- Big Nose Ted: Hey, watch it! You almost spilled my drink, and I almost had to mop it up with your face.
- Petra: I'm so glad to see you! I heard that you were up and around, but I was still worried.
- <Player name>: I'm fine. Thanks for coming to see me. You know I love you and your father, but you both worry too much.
- Petra: That's because you take too many risks.
- Big Nose Ted: Hey! Girl! Stop gabbing and bring me a drink!
- Innkeeper Andrew: I think you've had enough, buddy. You're cut off. Now get out of my tavern.
- Big Nose Ted: Don't make me cripple you, old man. Give me more ale, and this time, it's on the house.
- Petra: Leave my father alone, you ugly goon, or I'll call the Seraph!
- Big Nose Ted: Ugly? I'll show you ugly, honey.
After Blaize is defeated:
- Big Nose Ted: Retreat!
- Blaize: I surrender!
- Uptown Johnny: I'm gonna knock you out and look good doing it.
After Uptown Johnny is defeated:
- Uptown Johnny: I can't believe it!
At the top of the stairs:
- Big Nose Ted: Hold this position.
After Deadeye Della is defeated:
- Deadeye Della: That's enough! I yield!
After Twitchy Jake is defeated:
- Twitchy Jake: Okay, okay! I surrender.
After Big Nose Ted is defeated:
- Big Nose Ted: I give up.
Back at the bar:
- Commander Serentine: Bandits, thieves, and brawlers: by order of the Ministry Guard, you're all under arrest!
- <Player name>: Hey, they started it. I was just defending my friend.
- Logan Thackeray: Commander Serentine. What's the meaning of this? What are you doing here?
- Commander Serentine: Nice of you to show up, Captain. I'm here keeping the peace, something you and your Seraph can't seem to do.
- Logan Thackeray: Thanks to your interference. There's no way I'm letting you take the hero who fought beside me at Shaemoor Garrison. I'll vouch for this one.
- Commander Serentine: Now who's interfering? And on behalf of a mere commoner — what foolishness. Guards! Take the rest of these maggots to the prison. We're done here.
- Petra: Captain? Please, that ugly goon hurt my father. Can you help us?
- Logan Thackeray: Hmm. That looks nasty. It could take weeks to heal without the right medicine, and that medicine is expensive.
- <Player name>: I hate to call in a marker, Captain, but I did help you when you needed it. Mind if I ask you to return the favor?
- Logan Thackeray: For the hero of Shaemoor? Done. Talk to Lieutenant Francis at the Ninth Company's base camp. Tell him I sent you, and he'll give you all the supplies you need.