Unlocking the Roller Beetle is a four stage process. Stages 2, 3, and 4 are collection achievements. The items required for these collections do not consume inventory slots.
Stage 1: Story Progression[править]
After completing the second mission in Long Live the Lich, Forearmed Is Forewarned, speak to Spearmarshal Zaeim in the Domain of Kourna in a building on the southern side of the Allied Encampment, and then talk to Gorrik on the northern edge of the Allied Encampment. This conversation will complete the High Roller achievement and unlock the first collection.
Stage 2: Beetle Juice[править]
This collection contains ten items. Nine of these items are found in various locations across the Domain of Kourna. The tenth item is acquired by speaking to Gorrik after collecting the other nine.
Stage 3: Beetle Saddle[править]
This collection contains nine items, however only seven must actually be found. (The eighth and ninth are awarded after collecting the other seven.) These items are found in a mix of both the Domain of Kourna and several regions of Central Tyria.
- Inquest Beetle Notes: Dropped by Awakened Inquest in the Domain of Kourna. Awakened Inquest can be found in the Dabiji Hollows.
- Inquest Power Schematics: Hack a Lab Terminal on the second floor of the Pogahn Bluffs Proving Ground (Dabiji Hollows) in the Domain of Kourna. (There are two Terminals, either will work.)
- Shadow Creator's Seal: Dropped by any Bounty target from the Domain of Kourna.
- Steam Power Coupling: Dropped by Steam Creatures found on the Lake of Lamentation near Lamentation Waypoint in Lornar's Pass.
- Plagued Struts: Dropped by Inquest Golems in the Domain of Kourna. Inquest Golems can be found near Control Pylons.
- Anomaly Spark: Dropped by a Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly.
- Mk II Power Inverter: Dropped by the Inquest Golem Mark II in Mount Maelstrom.
- Completed Saddle: Talk to Blish, who is near Gorrik in the Domain of Kourna, after collecting the other seven parts.
- Saddle Up: After receiving the Completed Saddle, interact with Petey, who is near Gorrik in the Domain of Kourna.
Stage 4: Beetle Feed[править]
This collection contains eight items, the eighth of which can only be unlocked after collecting the other seven. These items are found across Kourna, Tyria, and the Crystal Desert.
- Live Plague Scarab: Obtained by completing the Trample scarabs with your mount to contain the outbreak event in the Domain of Kourna. This event can be found on the Western Front and the Front Line.
- Plague Scarab Egg: Dropped by the Plague Experiments during the raid on Gandara, the Moon Fortress as part of the event End the plague experiments, the final part of the Containing the Scarab Plague meta event.
- Junundu Ichor: Dropped by Junundu Wurms in the Crystal Desert.
- Hearty Beetle Slime: Dropped by the Alpha Beetle in the Far Silverwastes.
- Desert Luciferin: Purchased for 50 Inscribed Shards from Milin, the Renown Heart vendor near Apizmic Grounds Waypoint.
- Frigid Wurm Goo: Dropped by Cave Wurms underwater near Deeprift Brood in Ntouka Pond in the Domain of Kourna.
- Toxic Spider Yolk: Dropped by the Toxic Spider Queen near Viathan Waypoint or Gap Waypoint in Kessex Hills.
- Dinner's Ready: Interact with Petey (near Gorrik in the Domain of Kourna) after obtaining the other seven items.
|1||Wrecking Ball||571 500||3||Научитесь отбрасывать противников на небольшое расстояние, прокатившись по ним с помощью атакующего умения катающегося жука Roll Out.|
|2||Barrier Smash||609 600||4||Пробивайте себе дорогу в потайные места и разрушайте Неустойчивые кристаллы с помощью своего катающегося жука.|
|3||Big Air||698 500||5||Научитесь выполнять стильные воздушные трюки после ускорения, чтобы восстанавливать выносливость.|
|Сумма||1 879 600||12|
|Roller Beetle||Вызвать и оседлать своего катающегося жука.|
|Roll Out (Engage skill)||2||Прокатиться вперед, нанося урон противникам, через которых вы проходите.|
|Dismount||Спешиться со своего ездового животного.|
After learning the three masteries, general movement is controlled by the following default controls:
- Speed up/Boost -
- Drift - (AKA "Mount Ability 2" in your control options menu)
Unlike most mounts, the Roller Beetle does not have a fixed running movement speed. It has a base movement speed (600 units per second), which is equivalent to that of the Raptor. If the Beetle rolls down a hill or if its primary movement skill is used, it accelerates up to triple its normal speed (1800 units per second). The Roller Beetle can then sustain this higher speed until it rolls up too steep a hill or crashes into terrain, both of which will slow the Beetle down.
- Speed up/Boost
Boosting consumes Endurance, requires a full Endurance bar to activate, and consumes the full bar in a single activation. This ability gives a massive boost to the Beetle's speed and acceleration for 2.5 seconds. When the beetle is first activated,your endurance is set to 0 and takes 12.5s to fully recharge. After boosting, it takes 15 seconds. (12.5 seconds to recharge, 2.5 second cool down while the boost is active where it remains at 0).
The second ability does not consume endurance, but can only be used when the Beetle is already rolling faster than its base speed (1000 units per second). When held, this ability significantly reduces the Beetle's traction with the ground, allowing the rider to rotate the Beetle at high speed without changing direction. When the ability is released, traction is restored and the Beetle abruptly changes to the new direction, losing speed proportional to how sharp the resulting turn was.
- Tips to sustain speed
- The Roller Beetle does not have a faster turning rate than other mounts, and unlike other mounts it cannot change directions at all when it is airborne. This combined with its very high speed makes turning difficult. Effective use of the secondary "drift" movement is therefore necessary for maneuvering at speed.
- The beetle is able to "skip" across water if their speed is fast enough. If going at max speed, they will typically be able to skip 3-4 times before falling into the water and dismounting.
- Use natural inclines and bumps as launch ramps to gain the height necessary to cross gaps.
- While doing tricks with the Big Air mastery, endurance will refill at 5 times the normal rate, causing it to fill in approximately 2.5 seconds from 0%.
- Tricks require a minimum of 0.625 seconds to complete. If space is pressed and you land before that time has elapsed, the trick will fail.
- If a trick is failed, you will lose 1/3 of your total endurance.
- Like the other mounts, it has 3 idle animations, and one of them is always played when it is given a snack.
- The snack animation is a little dance, based on the dance of the rollerbeetles in the original Guild Wars, a little electronic tune will play while it dances. During the dance, the Commander riding the beetle will do a 'raise the roof' dance move with their hands.
- The rollerbeetle looks around and chirps, while the Commander looks into the distance.
- The Commander taps on the rollerbeetle, and when it looks back the Commander gives it a thumbs up, and the rollerbeetle nods.
- Long Live the Lich screenshot 6.jpg
- Long Live the Lich screenshot 7.jpg
- Long Live the Lich screenshot 10.jpg
- Roller Beetle 1.jpg
- Roller Beetle 2.jpg
- Roller Beetle 3.jpg
- The Atholma Docks in Sandswept Isles were made for this mount.
- The Roller Beetle can be dyed before the collections are complete.
- The Roller Beetle's theme is known as "High Roller", and it can be found in the Living World Season 4 soundtrack.
- Roll on, Commander!, Facebook
- The Roller Beetle: A Familiar Friend
- Roller Beetle Design Behind the Scenes
- Let's Play Guild Wars 2, Sandswept Isles Open World!, Youtube.com