The Luxon Armada’s descendants have raised and trained these massive turtles for over two hundred years. Each mount can bear two riders: one to handle the turtle, and another to operate the weapons strapped to its shell. Raise your own walking war machine and take a friend out for combat adventures!
— Official description
|Dismount||Спешиться со своего ездового животного.|
Specifically of a breed simply called Giant Turtle, in the past, Siege Turtles were the staple of the Luxon Armada in their war against the Kurzicks. Tamed and raised by the Turtle Clan, they were cared for in hatcheries, the largest of which being Gyala Hatchery that was used for other aquatic life as well. The Luxons had mounted cannons atop of the turtles' shells via scaffolding, and used magical jade as ammunition, trained at the Leviathan Pits to fire at smoke cannister signals. Not all of the turtle breed were trained for warfare, however, as some Hauler Turtles were instead trained to move heavy shipments, such as large piles of jade out of quarries. These turtles were also used by the Turtle Clan as opposed to Luxon Leviathan ships, which the other two clans, Crab and Serpent, preferred using to move around the solidified Jade Sea.
Siege Turtles are still used by Canthans today as mounts, though equipped with higher technology, and a second cannon.
- Siege Turtle screenshot 01.jpg
- Siege Turtle screenshot 02.jpg
- Siege Turtle screenshot 03.jpg
- Siege Turtle screenshot 04.jpg
- Concept art and renders
- "Seige Turtle" concept art.jpg
Guild Wars concept art.
- Siege Turtle render 01.jpg
- Siege Turtle render 02.jpg
- A Siege Turtle has 40,000 health.
- If you toggle the walk animation, the speed of the mount is almost the same as the walk speed of real life turtles.