Victory or Death
Victory or Death
- 1325 AE
- Victory or Death
- The Ruined City of Arah
(Straits of Devastation)
Victory or Death is the final part of both the Pact storyline and the personal story. Having sufficiently weakened Zhaitan, the time is right to reunite Destiny's Edge and strike at the dragon itself.
- См. также: The Ruined City of Arah (story)#Objectives
Kill the Elder Dragon Zhaitan.
- Meet with Destiny's Edge
- Talk to Caithe.
- Restore power to the ship.
- Find the first power core.
- Open the gate using the pressure plates.
- Gather the first power core from the airship wreck.
- Defeat the Risen Lich.
- Retrieve the power core from the airship wreckage.
- Find the second power core.
- Destroy the Orrian obelisks to open the gate.
- Orrian Obelisk
- Orrian Obelisk
- Gather the second power core from the airship wreck.
- Defeat the Bloated Creeper.
- Retrieve the power core from the airship wreckage.
- Find the third power core.
- Gather the third power core from the airship wreck.
- Defeat the Risen Knight.
- Retrieve the power core from the airship wreckage.
- Return to the ship.
- Return to the airship platform.
- Join the fight in the skies over Arah.
- Use the cannons to protect the ship.
- Protect the ship by using the anti-flak option on the cannons.
- Board the chopper and destroy the Draconic Battery.
- Destroy the Orrian towers so the ground assault on Orr can begin.: x/3
- Orrian Tower
- Orrian Tower
- Orrian Tower
- Defeat Zhaitan's minion.
- Mouth of Zhaitan
- Take the fight to Zhaitan.
Return to Fort Trinity and join the victory celebration.
- Meet Destiny's Edge at Fort Trinity.
- Enter Fort Trinity.
- Find Marshal Trahearne.
- Speak with Marshal Trahearne.
- Accompany Trahearne to the celebration at Fort Trinity's center.
- Зависит от профессии
The road to The Narthex can be challenging. It is recommended to use boons like Swiftness and Stability. It is easier to get there when the pact hold control over the Gates of Arah (meta event) as there will be less Risen on the path to the marker.
To complete this personal story, you must finish an instance very closely based on The Ruined City of Arah (story). There are a few changes, such as a reduction in the level, difficulty and volume of Risen foes.
At every point during the Arah instance you are able to use waypoints and return to checkpoints if wiped. Anvils are available to repair armor when needed.
Brief summary of objectives:
- Collect three power cores by defeating a Champion Risen Lich, Champion Bloated Creeper, and a Champion Risen Knight (with the aid of Destiny's Edge) along with minor Risen foes on the way.
- Use reflect skills to fight off the Giants throwing projectiles at the ship. Some Risen will spawn on the ship at this point. (solo)
- Get in the helicopter. Destroy the three anti-aircraft towers guarded by 1) Risen Gorillas, 2) Orrian Spectral Weapons, and 3) Ooze. All of these foes respawn until the tower is killed, so it might be optimal to kill a few foes, destroy the tower, and then finish off the remaining foes. (solo)
- Kill the Mouth of Zhaitan, who as indicated is immune to all damage until you throw a Fire Orb into him while he uses his Vortex skill (using the orbs at any other time has no effect). Numerous unexploded fire orbs are dropped on the ground before and during the fight. (solo)
- Back on the airship, kill the minor undead that spawn whilst switching to the cannons (spam both skills when the dragon targeting circles are visible) to kill the dragons that are flying about outside the ship. The cannons near the front of the ship, particularly the one facing to the right (with your back to the cabin) is where the dragons like to pop up the most. (solo)
- Logan rescues your party from your burning ship on The Glory of Tyria. Fight off the undead as they approach Zojja building her enormous cannon. Yet more undead appear on deck after the cutscene, culminating in a battle with two Eyes of Zhaitan. Afterwards, you can finally get on the cannons and slowly zap Zhaitan from the sky. (aided by Destiny's Edge when fighting risen spawns, solo for cannon usage)
After you kill Zhaitan, you'll be told to meet with Destiny's Edge at Fort Trinity, where many NPCs of note will be present.
- Agent Zrii
- Alchemist Syrine
- Ayla Piersdottir
- Benn Tenstrikes
- Blue Moa Bird
- Braccus Jawsmash
- Butcher Hykar Hackmeat
- Chef Leon Vourain
- Crimson Moa
- Crusader Afanen
- Crusader Eilye Jeyne
- Demmi Beetlestone
- Eir Stegalkin
- Esmet Ravenswhisper
- Famke the Fair
- Fel Vaerdenmer
- Fibharr Ygosson
- Galina Edgecrusher
- General Almorra Soulkeeper
- Golden Moa
- Green Moa
- Head Brewer Usla Hopfiend
- Izu Steelshrike
- Juvenile White Moa
- Libations Officer Neeba
- Logan Thackeray
- Magister Galen
- Merri Sunbower
- Mr. Sparkles
- Pact Demolitionist Strixel
- Pier Darkmountain
- Pink Moa
- Priory Arcanist
- Priory Historian
- Priory Magister
- Priory Researcher
- Priory Scholar
- Priory Scribe
- Quartermaster Hargrove
- Researcher Barron
- Researcher Fero
- Riel Darkwater
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Sayeh al' Rajihd
- Scholar Blaithnat
- Scholar Octavian Inkblood
- Snarl Backdraft
- Sylvan Hound
- Urond Ramshearne
- Vigil Crusader
- Vigil Marksman
- Vigil Recruit
- Vigil Tactician
- Vigil Warmaster
- Warden Hywel
- Whispers Agent
- Whispers Creator
- Whispers Keeper
- Whispers Lightbringer
- Wjerd Bladeborn
- Wozmack the Wonderful
- Environmental weapons
These are the dialogues in the Fort Trinity instance. See The Ruined City of Arah (story) for the dialogues there.
- Talking with the Destiny's Edge members
- Caithe: "Congratulations, Commander. Trahearne and I both owe you special thanks for helping us with our Wyld Hunts. If you keep helping Firstborn this way, we may have to make you an honorary sylvari."
That's quite an honor, Caithe. Thank you.
- (As sylvari)
- "Congratulations, Commander. Our shared Wyld Hunt started together, so it's fitting that we end it together. We've more to do, but for now, rejoice: this victory will become part of the Dream."
- Let's hope it inspires the next generation of sylvari.
- Zojja: "Hmm. I didn't expect you succeed so spectacularly. Now I have to recalculate my Heroic Potential Matrix. Thanks a lot for the extra work. Oh, and for cleansing Orr, killing Zhaitan, and so on..."
You're too kind. Come on, let's do some celebrating!'
- (As asura)
- "You must be feeling awfully proud of yourself ...cleansing Orr, killing an Elder Dragon. Go on, brag a bit: you deserve it. I hereby declare you the best Snaff Prize Savant ever."
- Couldn't have done it without you, Zojja. Now, let's have some fun!
- Eir Stegalkin: "You've done amazing things for the Pact, Commander. All Tyria owes you an immeasurable debt. On behalf of Garm and Destiny's Edge, thank you."
On behalf of everyone who fought for the Pact, you're welcome.
- (As norn)
- "Thank the Spirits we found each other. Tyria needed a hero, and I... I needed a purpose. You've given us all that, and more. Well done. The skaalds will be singing your songs for generations."
- And when they also sing of you and Garm, I'll sing along.
- Logan Thackeray: "I salute you, Commander, and not just because you outrank me. None of this would have been possible without you. You've made Tyria safer, stronger, and more secure."
We made it that way, Captain. So we deserve to celebrate. Let's!
- (As human)
- "I know your current rank is commander, but you'll always be the Hero of Shaemoor to me. Congratulations, Hero."
- Same to you, Captain. Now let's celebrate. We've earned it.
- Rytlock Brimstone: "I'm impressed, Commander. I may bring you in to the Black Citadel to give the brass some lessons on how to conduct a campaign from the field. When you got a moment, I'd like to toast to your victory."
- Tribune. Let's get started.
I like both of those ideas,
- (As charr)
- "I turn my back on you for a moment, and suddenly you're saving the world. Nice work, soldier. Let's show these civilians how to celebrate, and then... bring on the next Elder Dragon!"
- I hope that's an order, Tribune. Because I intend to comply.
- Initial cinematic
- Trahearne: Victory at last.
- Trahearne: With Zhaitan defeated, the corruption it wrought can be undone.
- Trahearne: The dragon's undead minions that still infest Tyria will now gradually be exterminated.
- Trahearne: One day soon, that plague will be but a memory.
- Follow-up cinematic
- Eir Stegalkin: Courage, skill, and friendship brought the dragon low. Let this day never be forgotten!
- Logan Thackeray: A victory that all Tyria can share!
- Rytlock Brimstone: This is not an ending. There are other dragons out there. Other battles.
- Zojja: You shambling fuzz-ball. Can't you just be happy?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I was being happy.
- Caithe: Will you return to your queen now, Logan?
- Logan Thackeray: No. Not until I know that Kryta's safe.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Meaning he's up for more fighting. See? Logan's happy, too.
- Eir Stegalkin: Snaff would be proud of us. Especially of you, Zojja.
- Zojja: Proud that we didn't screw up and plant our faces in the mud again, you mean? I guess he would, at that.
- Eir Stegalkin: So who's next? Jormag...Primordus...Kralkatorrik?
- Caithe: As dawn scatters shadows, so we will destroy them all.
- Caithe: We could not have done this without you. Thank you.
- <Character name>: You're welcome. You can count on me.
- Caithe: Good. Because Eir is right. The rest of the dragons are still out there, waiting.
- Upon approaching the different groups of NPCs in Alseta Generator's plaza
- Crusader Ellye Jeyne: So, tough guy: How'd a high profile swashbuckler like you get into the Order of Whispers?
- Benn Tennstrikes: I'm good at what they do. I may not fit their recruiting profile, but I get results.
- Benn Tennstrikes: What's your excuse? A vivacious lass like you joined the uptight and straight-laced Vigil?
- Crusader Ellye Jeyne: Ha! That makes two of us that "don't fit the profile." Let's have a drink and we can see what else we have in common.
- Merri Sunbower: Look at that swell-headed child. So busy chatting up Crusader Jeyne he doesn't even notice we're here.
- Fel Vaerdenmer: Leave him be. The last thing he needs in those circumstances is Mum and Dad looming over him.
- Fel Vaerdenmer: Besides, she's just what he needs. If those two hit it off, she'll straighten him right out.
- Beigarth: Why aren't you lot drinking? We're smiths! Ahh, don't tell me you're not thirsty after a long day's smelt.
- Occam: I don't much like large groups. Or small groups, come to think of it.
- Izu Steelshrike: I fear I am also more reserved than you, friend norn. Don't let that stop you.
- Izu Steelshrike: This is a celebration, after all, so we're counting on you to celebrate for all three of us.
- Bekk: All that, and still intact. I'm starting to believe we can survive anything.
- Hester Galen: That's always the last thing somebody says right before lightning strikes. Step away from Bekk.
- Urond Ramshearne: No, he's right. We should take on the next Elder Dragon ourselves. I hear the meat makes good sausages.
- Braccus Jawsmash: Well, they want to devour the world, right? Only fitting they wind up on the end of Urond's fork.
- Talking to the different NPCs in Alseta Generator's plaza
- Crusader Ellye Jeyne: "Here's to <character name>, who helped cleanse Orr, slay the dragon, and a bunch of other stuff. Cheers! Now excuse me, Commander. I'm talking shop with Mr. Tennstrikes
- Carry on, Crusader.
- Benn Tenstrikes: "Hey there, <character name>. Congratulations and all. Now could you go mingle over there? I'm trying to get to know the crusader a little better here."
- Good luck. I'd hate to have to start calling you "Benn Ten-Strikes Out."
- Merri Sunbower: "Commander, this kind of gathering isn't usually to my taste, but since this is a special occasion, I'll make an exception and have my share of the fun."
- You deserve it, Merri. We all do.
- Fel Vaerdenmer: "It felt great to be at sea again, even if it wasn't on a real ship and I wasn't the captain. Maybe next time, right?"
- When the pact sets sail again, you're the first one we'll call.
- Izu Steelshrike: "This was an intriguing and rewarding challenge, Commander. My people tend to keep to themselves, but when they hear about my experiences, I expect it'll draw out some."
- Glad to hear it. The Pact needs more talent like yours.
- Belgarth: "My forge is famous throughout the world! My weapons have slain griffons, elementals, wurms, and now Elder Dragons. Commander, welcome! Care to join us?
- Later. I'd hate to interrupt your boasting.
- Occam: "I'm honored to be included in the celebration, Commander. And though I loathe crowds, speaking with Beigarth makes it easier. All I have to do is smile and nod when he pauses for breath."
- That's a useful skill to have, Occam. Enjoy the party.
- Bekk: "Superior party, Commander. I don't suppose you could extend the celebration by a week or two? My unit is already clamoring for the next battle, and I wouldn't mind a little more leasure."
- Tell them ro
- Hester Galen: "When I was assigned to this unit, I didn't think we'd last a single mission. Look at us now: the finest squad in the Pact. To us! And to you, Commander."
- That's the spirit, Hester. Savor this victory, and your role in it.
- Urond Ramshearne: "Commander, care to join us in the feasting and the quaffing? On this special day, my appetite for meat and ale is exceeded only in my hunger for merriment!"
- Maybe later. I've got a lot of people to see.
- Braccus Jawsmash: "Sometimes I miss my warband. Then I remember how much fun it is to kill things with Urond and trade insults with Bekk. They're not charr, but they're fine soldiers."
- You are all. Enjoy the celebration.
- Agent Zrii: "Great party, eh? I'm currently a little worse for wear, but I'm still having fun. My fellow inebriates are so easy to sneak up, I barely need stealth."
- Never off the clock are you? Take care, Zrii.
- Elli: "Hey, Commander! Don't leave me hoofing with a hologram. Show me what you've got, or everyone will know you fear the force of my feet!"
- Challenge accepted! Let's dance! (character starts dancing)
- Maybe later, Elli. The party's just getting started.
- Scholar Inkblood: "You just missed Amphebe doing all her best tricks. She doesn't usually like parties, but even she knows this is a special occasion. Want me to wake her up for an encore?"
- Not necessary. I'll catch up with her later.
- Upon approaching the different groups of NPCs in Armada Harbor
- Pact Demolitionist Strixel: Now that the battle's over, I'm dying to inspect the defensive systems on the Pact airships.
- Researcher Barron: Knock that kind of talk on its head, sonny. We've got some major merry to be makin'!
- Researcher Fero: Yeah! There'll be time to talk about cannons and time-release mines after the kegs have all run dry.
- Pact Demolitionist Strixel: Time-release mines? Genius! All right, let's polish off that ale so we can get back to business.
- Wjerd Bladeborn: Quiet now, quiet! A toast among the champions: to Marshal Trahearne and the cleansing of Orr!
- Famke the Fair: To the end of Zhaitan! The dragon had a good run, but was no match for us!
- Pier Darkmountain: No match for the Commander, you mean. To the Dragonslayer!
- Fibharr Ygosson: Aye, to the commander, the marshal, and the entire Pact. Drink!
- Gara: My people still face challenges. I'll meet them later. Now, we celebrate.
- Shashoo: Coo! So many, enjoying such a great victory. Quaggan is soOoo happy!
- Ftokchak: Slow-talker, just say, "We win, yes, yes! Horray! Now, drink more drinks!"
- Lagula: In all my years, that's the single smartest thing I've heard a skritt say.
- Talking to the different NPCs in Armada Harbor
- Pact Demolitionist Strixel: "isn't this great? The dragon is dead, everybody's happy and I'm talking shop with Barron and Fero. Well, I think I am. It's hard to keep track with these two."
- Don't worry about it. Just let them babble and enjoy the party.
- Researcher Barron: "Oi, Commander! Bet you can settle a dust-up between me and Fero here: which is better, charr cannons or asuran electro-thaumic ray gun thingies?"
- I don't know, but this isn't the time to argue. It's time to celebrate.
- Researcher Fero: "Well, knot my ears and call me a sheepshank, Commander. I'm fielding inquries from these two jokers, and let me tell you: the queries are flying faster than a skritt swipes shinies."
- This is a party, Fero. The conversation's supposed to be lively.
- Wjerd Bladeborn: "My slight build makes the bigger and bulkier here think I'm at a disadvantage. Ha! Body weight means nothing in a drinking contest. A fighting heart and an indomitable spirit bridge any gap!"
- I look forward to seeing you prove that.
- Famke the Fair: "This is the life! Combat! Victory! Revelry! I'm going to find someone as comely as I am and see how many heads we can turn."
- I see a rash of strained neck muscles in this party's future.
- Pier Darkmountain: "The next time we face an Elder Dragon, I'm going to fit it with a bridle, strap on my spurs, and ride it clear around the world!"
- Save a place for me. The view would be fantastic.
- Esmet Ravenswhisper: "All the Spirits of the Wild are watching, Commander, and they approve. Especially Raven. The wit and cunning required to defeat Zhaitan...breathtaking!"
- I hope they enjoy the show.
- Ayla Piersdottir: "Watch closely, Commander. Pier and Wijerd just challenged me to an ale-quaffing contest. I'm going to put them both under the table."
- Is anyone taking bets, because my money's on you.
- Fibharr Ygosson: "I hate to muscle in on your victory, Commander, but this is just the sort of thing that will redeem my legend once and for all. Fibharr the champion is back!"
- This victory belongs to all of us, Fibharr. Enjoy your share.
- Gara: "I've seen more than I ever dreamed possible. The dragon wielded godly power, but the Pact destroyed it anyway. I have much to think about, much to share with my people."
- A new way of thinking for their new home. Good luck, Gara. (when racial sympathy was grawl)
- There'll be time for thinking later. Right now, we celebrate. (otherwise)
- Speaker Iknui: "I kept my vow: I slayed countless Risen to avenge my brother. Fighting dragons makes the world safer for my people. When you or your Pact need us, we will aid you."
- Until then, I look forward to seeing the new grounds you've settled. (when racial sympathy was hylek)
- Thank you. Now, please, relax and enjoy the celebration. (otherwise)
- Shashoo: "Hoo, Commander! Quaggan congratulates you and the Pact. Quaggan has learned a lot by joining the fight. Quaggan will need that experience if quaggan wants to lead."
- That's great, Shashoo. You'll make a great varonos someday. (when racial sympathy was quaggan)
- Glad to hear it. I hope we see more quaggans in the Pact soon. (otherwise)
- Ftokchak: "Pact party, yes-yes! Victory, fun, shinies, shinies, shinies! Commander is my best friend...ever. Underground rock dragon next, yes-yes? Cant have new scratch go boom like old one."
- Don't worry, Ftockchak. Your new scratch will be safe. (when racial sympathy was skritt)
- Perhaps. We'll focus on whichever dragon is the most pressing threat. (otherwise)
- Lagula: "I heard a minstrel singing about how we ogres tried to tame Zhaitan instead of killing it. It makes us sound like fools. If I see him again, I'm going to tame his mouth."
- It's just a joke, Lagula. We're celebrating, remember? (when racial sympathy was ogre)
- Just don't kill him. It'd spoil such a festive occasion. (otherwise)
- Upon approaching the different groups of NPCs outside Caer Aval
- Gixx: This is truly remarkable, and so I shall remark upon it: we have achieved the unthinkable!
- Riel Darkwater: We've all been thinking it, Gixx. It took the commander and the marshal to make it happen.
- Gixx: There's plenty yet to do. More dragons to confront, and I'm delivering an important lecture in the morning.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Listen to yourselves. I swear, spies and scholars. This is a victory party. Shut up and start having fun!
- Talking to the different NPCs outside Caer Aval
- Gixx: "Ah, Commander. Join us in a toast. May the remaining Elder Dragons follow Zhaitan into the Mists and, eventually, into irrelevance!"
And may they do so faster than Zhaitan did.
- (As Priory)
- "Quite the soiree, Commander. Since you've gotten such good results as Pact Commander, the Priory can spare you for a little while longer. I'm sure you'll make up the time later."
- Absolutely. Once the Elder Dragons are all dealt with.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: "You and the Pact have done well, Commander. I'm glad to be a part of it. May this be the first of many such celebrations.
Agreed. To victory, and the Pact!
- (As Vigil)
- "This is the Vigil's greatest victory yet, all thanks to you and the Pact. I'm proud to have you among my ranks. I salute you, Commander. Let this be the first of many such celebrations."
- Thank you, General.
- Riel Darkwater: "One down, four to go. May they never see us coming until it's too late!"
Cheers to that.
- (As Order of Whispers)
- "One-fifth of our order's primary goal: complete. Nicely done, Commander. And a big, loud party like this one helps conceal the preparations we're making for the next Elder Dragon confrontation."
- I'll be ready for the next dragon, Mas-I mean, Riel.
- Sayeh al' Rajihd: "You continue to impress me, Commander. No one in any of the Tethyos Houses has ever taken down such an imposing target. I shall be watching to see what you accomplish next."
When you say that, it sounds like a threat.
- "Only a fool would warn her prey with a threat...unless that threat was part of a plan, of course. But enough of such things. Go, Commander. Celebrate your victory."
- I hope you'll join us...and stay where I can see you.
- Thanks. Rest assured I'll be watching for you, too.
- Demmi Beetlestone: "It's an honor to meet you, Commander. I'm Demmi from the Order of Whispers. I'm not as high profile as the Preceptors—well, you know what I mean—but on behalf of us all, thank you."
- You're welcome.
- (As Order of Whispers)
- "Congratulations, <character name>. When I first saw you, I never imagined we'd end up here. We should toast to Tybalt...or maybe we should get a few pirates in here so you can out-drink them, eh?"
- Let's start small. To Tybalt!
- Upon approaching the different groups of NPCs inside Caer Aval
- Galina Edgecrusher: So I said, "The thing you're best at is pressing laundry. That's why you're the Iron Legion!"
- Snarl Backdraft: In front of Tribune Goreblade? You Bloodies really are crazy. He hates that joke.
- Galina Edgecrusher: So what? Brimstone and Desertgrave laughed. Two tribunes pro, one con. The joke's funny.
- Snarl Backdraft: Can't argue with that—not when whiskey's a-callin'. (laughs) Come on, funny girl: let's have another!
- Talking to the different NPCs inside Caer Aval
- Galina Edgecrusher: "Snarl...he growls at me all the time. In battle, in victory, in defeat...whatever. I think he's got a thing for me, but it's hard to tell with Ash-trash."
- I'm not getting between you two for any reason. Good luck, though.
- Snarl Backdraft: "Stick around, Commander. Galina will never admit it, but she's head-over-tail in love with me. For a Bloodie, she's surprisingly subtle about such things."
- Either she's subtle, or you're wrong. Either way, have fun.
- Crusader Afanen: "The Pale Reavers are with you, Commander. Winning wars and celebrating victories—whenever you need us, we'll be."
- Glad to hear it. There'll be plenty of both in the future.
- Warden Hywel: "A magnificent celebration for a magnificent victory. And when the festivity ends, the Pale Reavers will be ready for the next battle."
Until then, enjoy the party.
- (If done the "making another suffer" fear missions)
- "If you and Apatia hadn't rescued me from the krait, I would never have lived to see this. Will you join me in a toast for her memory?"
- Of course. To Apatia!
- Quartermaster Hargrove: "The battle's over, but the war isn't. Before you get yourself a hangover, get yourself a fine weapon!
- pact weapons) What have you got? (opens list with
- Thanks, but I'm all set for now.
- When talking to Trahearne (cinematic)
- <Character name>: Hiding from the crowds, Trahearne? That won't do. The world needs to see the Pact Marshal celebrating!
- Trahearne: Not hiding, my friend, thinking. Completing my Wyld Hunt lifted a weight from me, but Zhaitan is still a terrible threat.
- Trahearne: Now that threat is truly gone, it feels like the sun has finally emerged after a cold, endless night.
- Trahearne: I can't help but wonder...what's next? Now that we've formed this unstoppable alliance and tempered it in battle, where do we take it?
- <Character name>: To the next challenge. The next victory. There are more Elder Dragons to confront...and now we know how. We know they can be defeated.
- <Character name>: First, we celebrate. We won, Marshal. It would be a crime not to stop and appreciated that.
- <Character name>: Come on. There's an army of people and an ocean of libations waiting. All of Tyria deserves to share this triumph, including you. Join us!
- After the cinematic on the way back to the crowd
- Trahearne: The world owers you a great debt, Commander. As long as I am Marshal of the Pact, I will see that debt honored.
- Trahearne: My only regret is that I was not there to see Zhaitan fall. But I shall look forward to the skaalds celebrating your triumph.
- Trahearne: Congratulations, Commander. We've earned the right to set down our burdens for a time and celebrate.
- When Trahearne meets with Destiny's Edge (cinematic)
- Trahearne: Zhaitan's defeat has saved many lives. More importantly, it has restored hope to a desperate world.
- Trahearne: The dragons are not stars in the sky. They can be counted. They can be fought. One day, we will kill the last of them. Only then will Tyria be safe.
- Trahearne: This is a new beginning for Orr, and for Tyria—a clear sky after a long storm.
- Trahearne: This is a dawn that Tyria shall never forget.
- Talking with NPCs
- Trahearne: "I know you're probably tired of hearing this—especially from me—but thank you, Commander. We've come a long way and have a long way to go, but for now, this is a well-deserved respite."
- I agree. And we'll deal with the other dragons the same way: together.
- Elli: "Please tell Marshal Trahearne how much I appreciate the memorial. Zott and the others deserve every honor we can bestow, and then some.
- I'll make sure no one forgets. This memorial is just the beginning.
- After credits
- Wozmack the Wonderful: Ta-daaa! Hmm...okay, what'd I miss?
- Wozmack the Wonderful: "Well, this is clearly the place to be. A suitable enthusiastic crowd for Tyria's best traveling magician. Hello, people of...say, where am I anyway?"
Magician, eh? Show me something, then. Dazzle me. (for the first time only)
- "Certainly! Now, let me be clear: most scholars agree that a different hue constitutes an entirely different trick. Purple is quite distinct from mauve, or aubergine, or violaceous..."
- Just get on with it, tricksy.
You still owe me a trick. A real trick, not a color shift. (for the second time only)
- "You wound me! The subtleties of magic-driven chromaticity are...well, never mind. If you're a bird lover like me, perhaps this will be more to your liking."
- Sounds good. Make with the avians.
You're zero for two, Wozmack. What else you got? (for the thid time only)
- "Whew! Fort Trinity is definitely what we in the bizz call a "tough room." All right, get your dancing shoes on, because it's time to party like a flock of giant birds!"
- This better be good.
- You're in Fort Trinity, magic man. Settle in and enjoy the party.
|Файл:Victory or Death.jpg|
- There is no evidence ruling in or out the possibility that the remaining four dragons might include the deep sea dragon.
- Victory or Death is a former Guild Wars Guild versus Guild mechanic in which guild lords for both teams will go into sudden death after enough time has elapsed.
- The instance ends with the song "Fear Not This Night" from the Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack featuring the singing voice of Asja Kadric.
- Wozmack the Wonderful (an NPC from Welcome Home, part of the Human storyline) will appear at the end of the celebration to perform tricks at the player's request, with a finale that includes confetti and a flock of dancing, ghostly moas. To see him, wait in the personal instance of Fort Trinity for a while after receiving the quest reward from Trahearne and after the song ends. Talk to him a few times to see his tricks.
- As of a post-release update, the song "Fear Not This Night" is accompanied by a scrolling credits sequence that overlays on top of the game world. It is not known when this was added.