Each account type has basic access to various content. Upgrading to other account types unlocks additional access and content. Purchasing the most recent expansion includes access to all core game content.
- Guild Wars 2 (core game)
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (expansion)
- Free Account (limited access to core game)
Creating an account[править]
A new account is created when using a 25-character alphanumeric serial code (also known as an access key). The serial code can appear on the distribution media or sent digitally via email. The serial code is associated with an email address and password that are entered into the login screen.
- For account-related issues, players can create a support ticket or use the in-game support panel.
- If an account is compromised then an Account Restoration can be requested.
Each new account must select a home world as part of the initial setup. This selection is only relevant when accessing World versus World. Accounts can be transferred to a different world once every 7 days, if the new world is not full.
If there are no characters in the account then the transfer is free. Otherwise, there is a cost that is determined by the population of the new world. The account is logged out during the transfer process, which might take 5-30 minutes.
Every new account receives the following:
- 5 character slots (initially empty) — additional character slots can be purchased from the Gem Store
- Account vault
Free accounts have a number of restrictions placed on them, with the intent of preventing malicious persons from using them to disrupt the game.
- Initial character slots (2)
- Bag slots per character (3)
- Maps and Content — starter maps only until character level 10; Lion's Arch unlocked at character level 35
- In-game mail limited to mutual friends; prohibits sending coin and items
- Guild Vault unavailable
- Chats available
- Whisper chat limited to one new player conversation within 30 seconds (excluding mutual friends)
- Map chat unavailable
- Squad chat unlocked at character level 30
- PvP chat — team chat available; PvP Lobby chat unlocked at PvP Rank 20; emotes, map chat, and say chat disabled during matches
- Looking For Group unlocked at character level 30
- World versus World unlocked until character level 60
- Login rewards unavailable
- Gem Store limited to items usable by free accounts
- Currency Exchange — gems to gold exchange available, gold to gems exchange unavailable
- Trading Post limited to items from a selected list
- Official Forum posting unavailable
Character level requirement[править]
Some content is restricted until a character on the account has reached a minimum level requirement. After one character has reached the required level then all characters have access, regardless of level.
- User interface
- Daily achievements
- 1 achievement per category — unlocked by default
- 3 achievements per category — unlocked at level 11
- 4 achievements per category — unlocked at level 31
Cannot compose mail until one character has reached level 6.
Some content is restricted until sufficient time has passed. The number of days since account creation, the number of hours played by all characters and the number of hours played by the current character can be displayed using the Chat command "/age".
- Three Day
There is a 72-hour restriction on:
- Currency Exchange in the Gem store after account creation to combat botting and scams.
- All deposits and withdrawals to the Guild Vault after joining a guild. The time remaining is shown on the Guild Vault display and the entire vault is "grayed out". This timer is reset if you leave and rejoin a guild. It is not affected by either Guild Rank or Vault permissions.
- First Month
The first 30 days following creation, a new account is limited as follows:
- Amount of coin that can be mailed. However, any amount can be received.
- Value of items both deposited into and withdrawn from a Guild Vault.
The amount you are allowed increases approximately one gold every 10 hours. When this amount is exceeded, the error message that appears is:
This transfer would exceed the total value of transfers allowed for new accounts. As you continue to play, your account will be allowed to transfer higher values. New account limits are necessary to protect your online experience from fraud and illegal trading. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
— In-game message
- Achievements and titles
- Login rewards
- Account Medals shown on the character selection screen
- PvP Rank and PvP Reward Tracks
- World Experience
- Account bonuses
Upgrades and unlocks[править]
- Contacts are shared across the entire account.
- Mail sent by another player can be read and deleted by any character in the account. However, selected game-generated mail can only be read and deleted by one character.
- Guilds can be associated with an account. Each character can choose to represent a different one of five guilds. Only one character per account needs to be invited, since each will show up in the guild roster as a single member, however, each character must individually press the "represent" button to enable their participation with that guild.
- Accounts can be linked to an original Guild Wars account and gain bonuses through the Hall of Monuments.
- Free Accounts became available on August 29, 2015.
- Trial Accounts were previously available during trial weekends and had similar restrictions as the Free Accounts