Glob of Ectoplasm
Glob of Ectoplasm
Glob of Ectoplasm, abbreviated ecto, is an exotic crafting material used in all high-level crafting excluding cooking. It is also a token used for purchasing ascended accessories from a laurel merchant. Unlike most crafting materials, ectos cannot be farmed or purchased directly, instead they are acquired from salvaging high level equipment. This makes the Glob of Ectoplasm one of the most heavily traded and volatile items on the Trading Post.“
— Внутриигровое описание
Generally, salvaging rare or exotic equipment (armor, trinkets, and weapons) with a required level of 68 or higher yields between 0 and 3 Globs of Ectoplasm. While there have been reports of ecto being produced from items with a level below 68 or a lesser quality than rare, these exceptions are few and far between. See the talk page for further discussion.
Extensive testing suggests that the drop rate is affected by three factors:
- Level requirement: equipment rated at level 68 or higher have much higher yields than lower-level items.
- Item rarity: rare and exotic items are much more likely to produce ecto than items of lower quality.
- Kit quality: higher quality kits produce ecto at a higher rate. Based on controlled tests, Master's and Mystic Salvage Kits yield approximately 0.9 ecto/rare and Black Lion Salvage Kits about 1.25 ecto/rare.
- Can be salvaged into 1-5 Piles of Crystalline Dust.[требуется изучение]
- Ingredient in various recipes:
Required for... 1 Rare & exotic jewels and superior sigils. 3 Rare level 80 trinkets. 5 Exotic level 80 armor, trinkets, and weapons. Various Mystic Forge recipes require anywhere from 1 to 250 globs.
- The June 11, 2013, game update made Globs of Ectoplasm salvageable into Piles of Crystalline Dust. The change was introduced to "help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust."